Guide Wire or Guy Wire

This is a question that many people were typing into google so we thought that we would help you out.

Guide wire which is also sometimes spelled as guidewire, is used to guide another medical instrument into place such as a catheter. They are small wires with diameters often less then 1mm.

guy-wire or guy-rope, also known as simply a guy, is a tensioned cable designed to add stability to a free-standing structure.

I hope this answers the question once and for all. Here is more information about guidewires.

Leave a Reply